Wednesday 24 September 2014

Review | I Heart Makeup Death by Chocolate Palette





A girl can never have too many eye shadow palettes, so adding the Death By Chocolate Palette to my collection was a delight. This cheeky little number is another palette from the I Heart Makeup brand, which is a sister company to Makeup Revolution and if you didnt know, I'm yet to find any fault with the shadows that come out of either I Heart Makeup or Make Revolution.
First of all, lets just take a moment look at how lush the packaging is! The melted chocolate looks really cool on the front and it smells like chocolate.. Oh yeah, you read right, these shadows smell like chocolate which is absolutely amazing! 
So there's 16 shades, ranging from matte to shimmer and the shadows are all quite neutral colours, nothing too extreme but there are a few colours in there that could really give a pop of colour to a neutral eye look instead of just the plain normal earth tones. Another bonus is once you open it up, there is a huge mirror which you all know, I love when a palette has a big mirror as I get way too up close and personal when doing my shadows! There is such a great range of colours through out the palette so creating a look isn't difficult at all.
I've noticed a few comments saying its a dupe for the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and I can't personally comment as I don't own it but after having a little investigation, I think there are a some great similarities and considering the Too Faced palette is £45 and this little gem is £7.99, you'd be stupid to not pick up this one!
There is also a second palette from this range called I Heart Chocolate which is the same packaging but the shadows have more greens in than this one so I prefer this one but each to their own, they're all very wearable shadows. 
I think its quite clear to say that I Heart Makeup has done it again with their fun packaging and great quality shadows at bargain prices. 

Keep an eye out next week for a little treat thats coming.....!

Does anyone else own any I Heart Makeup palettes?

7 comments:

  1. The package looks so much like a chocolate. Almost got me hungry. Great palette

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the packaging, the shades are gorgeous too!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own anything from I ♡ Makeup range yet but this palette looks amazing! Such a perfect dupe for the Too Faced one. Will definitely check it out. x

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. This palette looks amazing! A great find.
    Love the colours and packaging and that for only 7.99!

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need to get my hands on this - fallen in love after your pics! xx

    jesstastics.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just ordered this palette and I'm so excited to try it out! Hope the quality lives up to their other products. xx

    neelamjayna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete